PHYSICAL RACE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
1. When and where will the Garmin Run Asia Series 2023 – Malaysia be held?
The event will be held on 22 October 2023 (Sunday) at Dataran Putrajaya.
*Venue and Dates are subject to change.
2. I couldn’t attend the physical race. Can I join virtually?
Thank you for your support, however there is no virtual run this year. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
3. When does the registration close?
Registration will close on 15 August 2023 or when all slots are sold out, whichever is earlier.
4. What is the minimum age to participate in the Garmin Run Asia Series 2023 – Malaysia?
There are different minimum age requirements for the different race categories.
- 5KM Kids: Ages 5 to 12 years as of date of Event.
- 5KM Open: Minimum 13 years as of date of Event.
- 10KM Open: Minimum 13 years as of date of Event.
- 10KM Veteran: Minimum 40 years as of date of Event.
- 21KM Open: Minimum 18 years as of date of Event.
- 21KM Veteran: Minimum 40 years as of date of Event.
Note: Participants age 17 years and below must be accompanied by an adult above 18 years old.
5. What happens if I could not complete my run within the qualifying time?
All registrants must complete their run within the qualifying time. There are 3 different distance categories to choose from and options of Speed and Cruise, so ensure to choose wisely which category fits your pace best.
6. What is the difference between the Speed and Cruise category?
The Speed category is for runners who are looking forward to complete the race under one hour (10km as example) and the Cruise category is for runners who are looking forward to complete the race above an hour. Speed category runners are eligible to race and to win podium prizes.
7. Can I register for multiple race categories?
Unfortunately, joining multiple categories is not allowed. 1 participant is only allowed to join 1 category.
8. I have my own insurance, do I still need to purchase the Group Personal Accident Insurance from the event?
Yes, it is compulsory to purchase the Group Personal Accident Insurance (this is set by the Sports Commissioner Office of Malaysia)
9. How do I know if my registration is successful?
Upon completion of registration, you will see a ‘success’ message on your screen and receive a confirmation email as well. You may also check it in your Heyjom app, under Dashboard.
10. I have registered but did not receive my confirmation email. What should I do?
If you did not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam, junk, promotions and social folders, or any other tabs in your inbox. Alternatively, you may also view your registration on your Heyjom dashboard.
If it is not there, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, IC / passport number, email address used for registration and any proof of payment.
11. Can I change my distance or category after I have completed my registration?
Unfortunately, you are not allowed to change your distance or category upon completing your registration.
12. If I wish to withdraw from the race, can I transfer my registration?
No. Race entries are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable. The registration system documents the particulars of each runner and in the event of emergencies where medical assistance is required, the emergency contact is taken from the information stated at the back of the bib. For the safety of our runners, changes are not permitted.
13. Do I get a refund if I choose not to participate after completing my registration?
No. Registration fees are strictly non-refundable.
14. Do I need to do a COVID-19 test before attending the event?
It is not compulsory, but to keep yourself and others safe, you are encouraged to do a self-test before participating in the event.
15. Do I need to be fully vaccinated to participate in the event?
Yes, you must be fully vaccinated to participate in the event. Proof of vaccination will be required on the event day.
16. Do you have corporate registration?
Yes, we do have corporate registration. Please contact and email us at email@example.com
for more information.
ABOUT RUNNER'S RACE PACK
1. What do I get in my race pack?
5KM - Dry Fit Event Tee, Finisher Medal & Race Bib.
10KM - Dry Fit Event Tee, Finisher Medal, Race Bib with timing chip & E-certificate.
21KM - Dry Fit Event Tee, Finisher Medal, Race Bib with timing chip, E-certificate & Half Marathon finisher tee.
Finisher medal and finisher tee can only be collected after completing the race upon presentation of race bib.
2. Can I change my t-shirt size after registering?
No, you are not allowed to change your t-shirt size after registering.
3. I would like to have different sizes for my event tee and finisher tee. How can I do that?
Unfortunately it cannot be done as finisher tee size will follow exactly the same with event tee.
ABOUT THE PHYSICAL RACE
1. Is it necessary to wear the race bib when participating in the race?
Participants MUST wear their race bibs while participating in the race. The Race Organiser reserves the right to deny entry of runners into the start pen without valid race bibs.
2. What is the flag off time?
The flag off time will be announced upon approval by the authorities.
3. Is there a cut-off time for the Garmin Run Asia Series 2023 – Malaysia?
The qualifying timings for each category are as follows:
- 5KM Cruise (no Speed category for 5KM) – 1 hours 30 mins after the flag off time.
- 10KM Speed – 1 hours 15 mins after the flag off time.
- 10KM Cruise – 2 hours 30 mins after the flag off time.
- 21KM Speed – 2 hours 30 mins after the flag off time.
- 21KM Cruise – 4 hours after the flag off time.
4. If I do not complete the race in the stipulated time-frame, will I be entitled to the Finisher’s items?
Unfortunately, finisher items (such as finisher medal, 21KM finisher tee, snack pack) are only reserved for registered participants who have completed the race. The finisher items can only be collected at the race village.
5. Is there a baggage deposit area at the race village?
There is a complimentary baggage check-in service at the race village where runners can deposit their belongings.
*Counters will only accept items secured in bag(s). Whilst maximum care and security will be enforced, the Organiser will not be responsible for any lost or damaged items, or delay in retrieving the bags. Participants are advised to arrive 1 hour before their start time.
6. Can I run if I am pregnant?
If you were a regular runner before your pregnancy then it's safe to continue for as long as you find it comfortable and are not experiencing any complications. However, as organizers, we do not encourage this and we shall not be deemed responsible under any circumstances.
7. Can I run with a stroller?
No, for the safety of all the race participants, strollers are not permitted.
RACE ENTRY PACK COLLECTION
1. What do I need to produce to collect my Race Pack?
- Softcopy of your identity card/passport
- Softcopy of your event confirmation slip
2.When and where is the Race Entry Pack Collection?
The Race Entry Pack Collection is on 14 & 15 October 2023 at Event Hall 2, The Starling Mall, Petaling Jaya.
*Venue and Dates are subject to change
3. Can I collect the race entry packs for my family or friends?
Yes, but you must have a copy of their NRIC and their event confirmation slip. Softcopy is accepted.
4. I am an International Participant, and I will only be in Malaysia during the same week. Can I collect my race kits during event day?
Unfortunately, there will be strictly no collection on the event day. You are encouraged to opt for delivery option or get a representative to collect on behalf of you. If you face any further challenges, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. When will I receive my race kit if I opt for delivery?
Your race kit is estimated to reach you 1 week before the event.
*Subject to change depending on the actual situation.